NEWS

Blogger Widgets

22.6.12

CBI JD was my classmate: Chandrabala


Vasireddy Chandrabala, the controversial techie who had allegedly made mysterious calls to CBI joint director V V Lakshminarayana, surfaced on Friday to claim her innocence.
She appeared before a television channel and disclosed that Lakshminaryana was her classmate in Intermediate and that she was working in IBM as a software engineer. Besides, she said she was also an active participant in the social service activities through voluntary organisation Lead India.
"I regularly called Lakshminarayana with regard to meetings of student alumni in Srisailam and Nagarjunasagar and their activities. But I had nothing do with his investigations into various cases," she said.
The YSR Congress party had alleged that Chandrabala had made 328 calls to Lakshminarayana while the latter called him 411 times during last two months.
Stating that she had returned from the UK in 2009, Chandrabala had clarified that her husband was doing real estate business and that she had two children, both of them whom got married.
"Since I have a lot of spare time, I participate in voluntary activities in coordination with my school and college friends. As part of that I got in touch with Lakshminarayana. He spoke not only with me, but also with several other past classmates. He extends his cooperation to my activities," she said.
She made it clear that she had no interest in politics and she did not read newspapers much.
"It was only after my friends called up and started asking about my name appearing in Sakshi channel, did I come to know about this case. It was unfortunate that my name has been dragged into the controversy," she said.
On why she had called the managing director of ABN Andhra Jyothy, Chandrabala said she had called him only for the coverage of Lead India activities.
"I don't know how my call details had come to light, but I am very much pained at Sakshi dragging my name into the news. I will look into the possibility of filing a case against the publication and YSR Congress party," she said.